Welcome to Castillo Financial Solutions!
We are thrilled to have you on our team! As a new agent, you will have many questions and need a “starting place”. As your Mentors, we are committed to providing you with every resource you need to be successful. This checklist represents your guide to getting a Fast Start and becoming a successful agent. Don’t let it overwhelm you; just take 1 step at a time. Follow the steps in order for the best results. Refer back to this checklist as needed.
Stay in constant communication – initiated by you – with your mentor. Let them know when you’ve checked off each of these tasks. Follow through when Summit (the training platform) asks you to reach out to them or set up a time to talk with them. Agents who communicate have higher rates of success than agents who don’t. Click here to find out how.
Step 1 – Begin Creating Your Schedule
- Click on Button to Add the CFS Calendar to your Google or Outlook Calendar.
- We highly encourage you to attend all meetings when possible.
- Create times in your schedule for dialing and appointments.
- Schedule family time (very important)
Step 2 – Create a Slack Account and Band Account
We use Slack as our team communication platform. You can view slack in your browser or download it to your computer. You may also download the app for your phone, which is helpful when you are on the go. Use Slack to Direct Message us and other team members.
- Click the link to create your account and join the team workspace: The Martinez Agency & CFS Baseshops
Step 3 – Login to HQ
In your “Welcome to Symmetry” email, you’ll see a username and password for HQ, our agent dashboard.
- Here’s the link: https://hq.quility.com
- Login now and bookmark it!
Step 4 – Login to Opt! CRM
In your “Welcome to Symmetry” email to find your Opt Username and Password. Opt is where you’ll manage your leads and applications.
- Here’s the link: https://v2.sfgcrm.com/
- Login and bookmark it!
- Take a few minutes to login now, and make sure you login regularly (at least once every 2 weeks) or your account will be locked.
Do not pay for this CRM. When it says your subscription is expired and looks like you need to pay $19.95, choose “professional.” This should allow you to sign in for free! You don’t need the paid version features.
(Please text or message one of us on slack if you have any issues getting the free version!)
Step 5 – Create SureLC Account
SureLC is the company we partner for carrier contracting and state licensing. You can purchase E&O from this site as well as request new Non-resident licenses from any of the 50 states.
- Click this link to create your profile: SureLC™ (surancebay.com)
- Once you’ve successfully set up your profile, you can access it via this link: http://surelc.surancebay.com/sbweb/agency/38
- Now bookmark it!
If you have any issues, please reach out to your mentor. (Your mentor is either Luis or Cherie Castillo or Ish Martinez.)
Step 7 – Sign into Carrier Websites
- As you receive emails from each carrier with your writing number, sign into carrier websites. (Each carrier takes a different amount of time – so expect to have all of your agent numbers in 2 weeks.)
- Bookmark these websites for easy access as you are running your business.
- Two of our core carriers, American Amicable and Mutual of Omaha, do not pre-appoint agents. Your appointment is done after you submit your first application through their e-app portals.
- Your mentors will help you with the application process. You can find the quoters and agent guides on our website or HQ in Carrier Resources.
Step 6 – Begin Summit Training in HQ
Summit is our training platform! You can access it by clicking the mountain icon at the top right in HQ, by selecting “Summit” at the bottom of the menu on the left side of the screen in HQ, or by clicking here: https://hq.quility.com/summit
It is very important that you take the time to engage properly with Summit. By “engage properly,” we mean download the resources that go along with each step, and work through them with intention. You will not learn what you need to succeed if your only goal is to hit “next step” at the end of each video. Leverage the expertise that’s been provided for you and give yourself the best chance at success!
Do not pause your training when asked to stop for a mentor check-in.
- Schedule a 30-minute phone call or zoom with us by clicking the “Schedule Team Support Call” Button below.
(You can choose a phone call or zoom meeting.)
- Then continue going through Summit.
***When told to sign into Virtual Mentor, Do Not click on a blank. Use the manager, Ben Seifipour. (Ben is our Master Agency Director.)
Step 8 – Download Forms
Activity Report – Keep track of your dials, contacts, and appointments (DCAs)
Client Qualification Form (CQF) – Use to interview your prospect and gather information about what they are looking for with coverage, health, occupation, etc.
Agent Credential Tracker – Contains links to core carriers and other websites we use in our business. Save Carrier User ID’s & PW’s on the tracker.
You are not required to use this tracker. We created it to give you a tool for keeping your carrier information and other websites in one place. Feel free to use whatever works best for you.
Step 9 – Identify ‘warm market” leads for discussion with your mentors
Your warm market is family and friends who may need coverage. It’s a great idea to reach out to make sure they are covered…not as a pushy salesperson, just as a concerned friend or relative who now has the ability to protect them. Ask once, but don’t keep bringing it up if they say no thank you.
You can also ask them to help you run “practice” phone calls and presentations with them. Who better to practice with than those you love!
Step 10 – Order Leads & Start Dialing
- Schedule next Team Support Call to discuss lead budget and order leads
- Provide us with YOUR income goal for the next 365 days to create “Income Blueprint.” Use this as a tool to measure your progress toward your income goal.
Step 11 – Write First Application
You may write an application with either American Amicable or Mutual of Omaha right away. Writing an application with them activates your appointment with these carriers.
**Writing 2 applications will activate your access to Switchboard. You will receive an email to attend training shortly after submitting your first app.
**Access to digital leads comes with your ability to use Switchboard.
Step 12 – Consider purchasing E & O Insurance
Errors and Omissions Insurance is important to have in case you are sued for an error or omission with a client’s business. You don’t need this right away, however, it is required by some carriers.